Calendar of Events
Natchez Fall Pilgrimage
Friday, September 25, 2015 - Monday, October 12, 2015
This year, Natchez’ annual Fall Pilgrimage events include tours of nineteen antebellum homes led by costumed tour guides portraying former inhabitants of each home. Tours are offered on a three-day alternating schedule, with three different homes open in the morning and afternoon. Tours of Natchez' most popular antebellum museum homes, Longwood (1860-1861), Rosalie (1820) and Stanton Hall (1857) will also be offered daily during the three-week event. Special events include:
• October 1 & 8, 6 pm: A concert of early American, folk, spiritual and blues standards by Lynn Beach-Smith in the rotunda at Longwood. $30.
• Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 7:30 pm: Gospel music concert by Amos Polk's Voices of Hope, presented alongside dinner at the Carriage House Restaurant.
• October 10, 7 pm: Candlelight Tour at the Towers. Guided by the homeowners, with refreshments. $35.
• October 3, 5:30 pm: Evening at Auburn Antebellum Home, with master calliope player, Burnley Cook, performing music from the steamboat era. $20
• September 30 & October 7, 7 pm: Stanton Hall Dinner. A seated, four-course feast catered by Chef Bingo Starr. $100.
The Natchez Little Theatre, one of the oldest community theatres in the South, will also offer a staged production of Lillian Hellman's The Little Foxes from September 25—October 11. Single-house tour tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for kids, with a three-house tour package available for $36 adults, $24 kids, with add-ons including carriage rides and luncheons also available. Ticket counter, open daily, is located inside the Natchez Visitor Reception Center at 640 South Canal Street. (800) 647-6742 or visit natchezpilgrimage.com.
|June at State Parks|
Each month the good folks at Louisiana State Parks send us a listing of information for all the programs taking place at park properties during the month to come. The June calendar...
|Ultimate New Orleans Cuisine Experience|
It's billed as the Ultimate New Orleans Cuisine Experience, this package deal offered by the Maison Dupuy aims high for those intrigued by Cajun and Creole-inspired cooking. Par...
|Everywhere with Roy Lewis|
The works of Natchez native, photojournalist, and photo historian Roy Lewis deck the halls of the Natchez Museum of African American History and Culture during July and August. "Ev...
|Explore Camp at Historic Jefferson College|
Seven different Explore Camps will be hosted on the grounds of Historic Jefferson College during July, addressing topics such as bats and birds, entomology, skulls and bones, th...