Calendar of Events
Natchez Fall Pilgrimage
Friday, September 23, 2016 - Monday, October 10, 2016
This year, Natchez’ annual Fall Pilgrimage events include tours of eighteen antebellum homes led by costumed tour guides portraying former inhabitants of each home. Tours visiting two to three houses are offered each morning, with an afternoon tour visiting three to four homes to follow. What's more, tours of Natchez' most popular antebellum museum homes, Longwood (1860-1861), Rosalie (1820) and Stanton Hall (1857) are offered daily during the eighteen-day event. Special events include:
• September 24—October 10, 7:30 pm: Natchez Little Theatre production of "The Trip to Bountiful." Performances of the Horton Foot play, set in the twilight of Carrie Watts' life, will be performed nightly by alternating Caucasian and African-American casts. $15. natchezlittletheatre.org.
• Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 7:30 pm: Gospel music concert by Amos Polk's Voices of Hope, presented alongside dinner at the Carriage House Restaurant. $40.
• Fridays & Saturdays, September 23—October 8, 7 pm: The Haunting of the Towers: A Paranormal Candlelight Tour. 801 Myrtle Ave. $30.
• Thursdays, September 29 & October 6, 5:30 pm–7:30 pm: Entertaining Southern Style with Chef Regina Charboneau. 71 Homochitto St. $38.
• September 30, 5:30 pm: Evening at Auburn Antebellum Home, with master calliope player, Burnley Cook, performing music from the steamboat era. $20.
• Fridays & Saturdays, September 30, October 1, 7, 8. 6 pm: Ghost Tour at Longwood. 140 Lower Woodville Road. $25 adults, $15 children.
• Wednesdays, September 28 and October 5: A Musical Portrait of Natchez with Soprano Lynn Beach Smith. 6 pm at Stanton Hall. $30.
Single-house tour tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for kids, with a three-house tour package available for $45 adults, with add-ons including carriage rides and luncheons also available. Ticket counter, open daily, is located inside the Natchez Visitor Reception Center at 640 South Canal Street. (800) 647-6742 or visit natchezpilgrimage.com.
|Big Fun on the Bayou|
Programs at the Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve show off various aspects of Cajun culture in Thibodaux. • Mondays, 5...
|Legends and Lore|
Each Monday, excluding certain holidays, Natchez's Hotel Vue hosts storytellers, who come to spin yarns and make presentations illustrating three hundred years of Natchez storie...
|Dorothea Lange's America|
Intimate photographs of people and land by Dorothea Lange (1895-1965) captured pride and resilience in the face of suffering during the Great Depression through the postwar period....
|The Traveling Vietnam Wall Visits St. Francisville|
The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, a three-fifths-sized replica of the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial that stands in Washington, D.C., is 288 feet long, six feet tall, and includes t...