Calendar of Events
Natchez Fall Pilgrimage
Friday, September 23, 2016 - Monday, October 10, 2016
This year, Natchez’ annual Fall Pilgrimage events include tours of eighteen antebellum homes led by costumed tour guides portraying former inhabitants of each home. Tours visiting two to three houses are offered each morning, with an afternoon tour visiting three to four homes to follow. What's more, tours of Natchez' most popular antebellum museum homes, Longwood (1860-1861), Rosalie (1820) and Stanton Hall (1857) are offered daily during the eighteen-day event. Special events include:
• September 24—October 10, 7:30 pm: Natchez Little Theatre production of "The Trip to Bountiful." Performances of the Horton Foot play, set in the twilight of Carrie Watts' life, will be performed nightly by alternating Caucasian and African-American casts. $15. natchezlittletheatre.org.
• Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 7:30 pm: Gospel music concert by Amos Polk's Voices of Hope, presented alongside dinner at the Carriage House Restaurant. $40.
• Fridays & Saturdays, September 23—October 8, 7 pm: The Haunting of the Towers: A Paranormal Candlelight Tour. 801 Myrtle Ave. $30.
• Thursdays, September 29 & October 6, 5:30 pm–7:30 pm: Entertaining Southern Style with Chef Regina Charboneau. 71 Homochitto St. $38.
• September 30, 5:30 pm: Evening at Auburn Antebellum Home, with master calliope player, Burnley Cook, performing music from the steamboat era. $20.
• Fridays & Saturdays, September 30, October 1, 7, 8. 6 pm: Ghost Tour at Longwood. 140 Lower Woodville Road. $25 adults, $15 children.
• Wednesdays, September 28 and October 5: A Musical Portrait of Natchez with Soprano Lynn Beach Smith. 6 pm at Stanton Hall. $30.
Single-house tour tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for kids, with a three-house tour package available for $45 adults, with add-ons including carriage rides and luncheons also available. Ticket counter, open daily, is located inside the Natchez Visitor Reception Center at 640 South Canal Street. (800) 647-6742 or visit natchezpilgrimage.com.
Harvest Days at the LSU Rural Life Museum is an opportunity to understand what life on the farm would have looked like in nineteenth-century rural Louisiana. Living history demonst...
Held on the grounds of St. Leo IV Catholic Church, the Roberts Cove Germanfest offers live entertainment, authentic German food, a large selection of German beer on tap, folklore d...
|Murder at Goat Castle|
Author Michael Llewellyn will be materializing at Turning Pages Books & More to discuss his new book, The Goat Castle Murder: Moonlight and Madness in Mississippi—a fictionali...
|The Myrtles Halloween Experience|
"One of America's Most Haunted Homes" invites all with stout hearts to take a tour on Halloween weekend. If you've never toured the home before, then Halloween just may be the ide...